0
Here is a Healthy Living Tip: There is something that I really don't understand about life here in America. Why doesn't more people care about their health when there are so many easy ways to lose weight? The quality of our health should be our number one concern. If we don't take care of ourselves, then who will?

A friend of mine just turned 60 and he was talking about how old he was getting and how he could no longer do the things he used to. I just could not wrap my head around his comment. What you have to understand is that he is around 400 pounds and he's only 5'8".

I have following healthy living tips for over 35 years. I'm all but a vegetarian (I do eat seafood on rare occasion), and I eat healthier than anyone I know. And at 59, I still love mountain biking.

When I was in my early 40's and a hardcore mountain biker, I had one of those life changing moments happen to me. I had just climbed a 2 ½ mile climb and about 2 minutes behind me came this old guy. He wasn't even winded! He had no teeth and a French accent. I finally had to ask him how old he was. He told me he was 63.

Right at that moment I knew that at age 63 I could be enjoying this sport and still kicking butt on 90% of the riders.

What's important to me is the quality of my health when I am 63. I don't want to be 63 and suffering from obesity, or arthritis, or emphysema, high blood pressure, or whatever. My buddy is settling for a great deal less than what he has to. He's either ignorant, lazy, or, I'm sorry, just too brainless to do anything about it.

Sure, I have talked to him about the easy ways to lose weight, Sure, I have tried to help him understand all of the easy ways to lose weight, but he just dosn't want to change

I would rather be healthy, active and enjoying my life, than be a fat couch potato, unhealthy, getting winded just walking to the frig, and being less than what I could be.

Do not get me wrong, I love my buddy of 34 years, and I love ice cream and chocolate, homemade chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, oh, and pizza too, but I realize the difference of eating these foods as treats, and not as my daily staples.

What is it with Americans today? Let me leave you with this Healthy Living Tip: There are easy ways to lose weight, but you need to want to lose it.

Post a Comment

 
Top